- As we continue to watch the effects of COVID-19, Urban Axes has everyone’s health and safety as our #1 priority. Check out our COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Urban Axes is a 21+ facility. No one under the age of 21 is permitted entry. All guests must provide valid photo identification on entry.
- Urban Axes will be monitoring the situation to ensure we are following best practices and safety procedures around social distancing and group gatherings. This will include expanded physical distance between league members, wearing facemasks, and taking temperature checks before entering the building. It may include changes in the schedule which will be communicated as the season progresses.
- Leagues run once a week for 8 weeks
- $130 per person, paid at time of booking to reserve your spot.
- All participants must wear closed toe shoes.
Urban Axes Leagues are run on the values of Inclusivity, Equality, Respect, Diversity and Fair Play. To read more about our League Values, click here.
How it works
Axe throwing is an individual sport played in a group setting. Therefore, forming teams is not necessary. If you had a team in mind, you, your friends and/or colleagues should each sign up individually to take part in the league on the same night of the week. You'll all get to throw together but also with and against other league members.
Over the first 7 weeks, you will play 4 matches each week against other league members to determine who will make the playoffs in week 8. Each match consists of three rounds of 5 throws (so 15 axes total per match). During week 8, the top 16 competitors will compete in a double-elimination tournament to determine the league winner. Each year, our league winners will be eligible to compete in our Champion of Champions event.
As founding members of the International Axe Throwing Federation, our leagues are built around the rules defined by IATF. You can find details of the IATF rules here
What else should I know:
Urban Axes have available for sale IATF-compliant axes for $25 each plus tax. You can use one of general pool of axes but isn't it much more fun to have your own axe? You're in an axe throwing league! We have sourced what we consider to be the best throwing axes available that are used across Canada where the sport originated.
If you want to bring your own axe, it must have a wooden handle and be between 1.25 and 1.75 lbs to be eligible.
Urban Axes Cincinnati is licensed venue with an assortment of beers and wines for your enjoyment, however you are welcome to bring BYO food and snacks.